We will do our very best to update this page regularly, but here is a list of helpful COVID19 resources our team has pulled together to assist you and your family. (Last Updated: 10:42AM MAY 7)
If you are feeling sick or have symptoms of COVID-19
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) contact your Primary Care Physician first to see if you should get tested. If you do not have a Primary Doctor, you can contact the Pennsylvania Department of Health at 1–877-PA-HEALTH.
If you must go to the emergency room, be sure to call ahead first to protect yourself and others from spreading the virus.
The Best Way to Contact My Office
- District Office: 610–626–2020
- DC Office: 202–225–2011
- Website: scanlon.house.gov
Learn more about the protocols my office has put in place to continue to serve you by clicking here.
If you need help with a federal agency, click here for more information on how we can help.
COVID-19 QUICK HELP
Economic Impact Payments — To check the status of your stimulus check, please visit the IRS website by clicking here . To check if you meet the requirements to receive an economic impact payment, please check here.
Small Business Administration Resources — If you have questions about the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program or Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, please refer to this guide and the most recent FAQ from the Treasury Department.
Unemployment Benefits — Unemployment compensation is administered by the Pennsylvania State Government. If you have questions about unemployment benefits please refer to the PA Unemployment Compensation website or contact your state legislators for assistance.
Federal Casework — If you are having trouble contacting a federal agency and would like our office to do casework for you (for example, veterans needing assistance with the VA, individuals needing immigration assistance, etc.) please fill out our casework request form here.
Coronavirus General Information — If you have other questions about resources related to the coronavirus pandemic, go to https://scanlon.house.gov/covid19/ for information.
Helpful Links for Local, State, and Federal Updates
- CDC COVID-19 Resources Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- PA Department of Health Resources Page: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
- Senator Bob Casey’s Comprehensive COVID-19 Resources Page: https://www.casey.senate.gov/coronavirus
- Delaware County Resources Page: http://www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html
- Montgomery County Resources Page: https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19
- Philadelphia Resources Page: https://www.phila.gov/programs/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/
- Sign up for Philly Text Alerts by texting COVIDPHL to 888–777
Resources for Pennsylvania Employees Impacted by COVID-19
- Visit the PA Office of Unemployment Compensation website: https://www.uc.pa.gov/Pages/covid19.aspx?fbclid=IwAR11TahToJgKvf3jzqcmzsP59Czub2Fxrcg3TygotLTj--GcH3P92MVXJRA
Resources for Small Businesses
- For more information regarding small business disaster loans, please click here.
Resources for Non-Profits
- For organizations looking for financial support at this time, the Small Business Association has created new disaster assistance loans for businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Learn more here:
- The National Council for Nonprofits has created this helpful resource hub for dealing with the emergency:
- The City of Philadelphia shared this planning guide for businesses and nonprofits:
- The Philadelphia Department of Commerce and PIDC are working on a COVID-19 business relief package, and will share details in the near future. They are asking the business community to please fill out this brief survey, which will help inform them of your most pressing needs:
Volunteer as Emergency Responder for Delaware County Citizen Corps
- Visit their website to learn if you fit the volunteer criteria and to apply: https://www.delcocitizencorps.com/?fbclid=IwAR0jiwXuEvU3DmhjhhyU37TdWwbhLZ-D9e6d7v4Ie6CWJGTOMaWZ5w5qtY0